Juicing has become one of the most easily recognized practices for healthy changes to make in your diet. It incorporates the qualities of raw vegetables and fruits with easy to prepare recipes that taste amazing.
But what are the best fresh fruit juicing recipes for beginners? And what do you need to get started?
Basic Equipment You’ll Need to Get Started with Juicing
Before you get started with making green juice recipes, you’ll need a few things.
A Juicer or High-Quality Blender
Juicers are, of course, the best option for getting into juicing properly. But even if you can’t afford one of the expensive models, you have options. You can also invest in a higher-quality blender, which shouldn’t cost as much as a juice extractor will.
Measuring Utensils – Preferably Glass or Stainless Steel
You’ll need measuring cups and spoons, as you’ll sometimes be adding in supplements one teaspoon at a time, or a cup of watermelon chunks rather than a whole melon.
Good Knives – Japanese or German Made Are Best
The Japanese and the German manufacturers of knives make the best kitchen knives in the business. Just be sure to choose the right types of knives for your chopping.
You heard us right.
Not all types of knives are created equal. You’ll need a chef’s knife, paring knife, and utility knife for most things. But for soft, stretchy-skins like tomatoes have, you’ll want a specialty knife designed for the job. And, yes, they’re called tomato knives.
The Best Tasting Juicing Recipes for Beginners’ Weight Loss
Most of the best green juice recipes and fresh homemade fruit juice recipes are pretty easy to follow. You’ll prep the veggies and fruits, and run them through the blender or juicer, and you’re done.
All these simple juice recipes below are perfect for making in a juicer, but if you’re looking for the highest fiber content, instead use these recipes with a blender.
Why use a blender?
When you juice with a blender, you retain the pulp and fiber that makes the recipes even healthier.
Recipe 1: Green Goddess Juice from Wholefully
This simple, four-ingredient recipe is the perfect way to start your day with a kick of sweet, tangy flavor. It’s refreshing and cool – ideal for a summer day. This is one of our top picks for best tasting juicing recipes for beginners’ weight-loss.
This recipe makes one medium-sized serving.
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium Anjou pear
- Clean all of the ingredients thoroughly. Double check the celery stalks in particular, as dirt likes to hide at the base.
- Cut the cucumber in quarters, and the apple and pear into eights.
- Remove seeds and stem from pear and apples.
- Juice the fruits and veggies as directed on the manual for your juicer.
- Drink immediately, or chill for about an hour. Do not keep the juice longer than a couple of hours.
Notes for this simple recipe:
If you want the higher fiber content from the celery and fruit, juice the ingredients in your blender instead, adding in a 1/4 cup water, as needed, for fluid. Or return some of the pulp into the juice and stir in before drinking.
Recipe 2: Apple Cucumber Mint Juice from Yummly
For a simple four-ingredient recipe that’s zesty and refreshing, try this simple recipe from Yummly. It’s perfect to share for two or for a single extra-large serving to keep your day going at lunchtime.
- 1 medium to large cucumber
- 1 green apple
- 1 teaspoon lime juice – or juice from an eighth of a lime
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- Thoroughly clean and rinse the mint leaves. Be sure to pick out any debris or stray leaves that don’t belong.
- Cut the apple into eighths and remove all the seeds and the stem.
- Chop the cucumber in quarters, leaving on the skin.
- Once the ingredients are prepared properly, juice them as the manual on your juicer or blender instructs.
- Serve immediately for freshest taste, or chill for no longer than an hour for a boost of summery cool.
Recipe 3: Watermelon Mint Juice
For an uber-refreshing, summertime juice, try out this easy three-ingredient watermelon juice recipe we’ve created just for you. This recipe makes two medium-to-large servings.
- 1/8 medium watermelon
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 pineapple
- Cut the watermelon into eight sections. Remove the rind from one section of the watermelon. Store the remainder of the watermelon in the fridge, or for a cool treat, peel the whole melon and chop into pieces and freeze for 12 hours.
- Chop the ends of the pineapple off and remove the rind from the pineapple. Store the unused pineapple in the fridge to preserve flavor and freshness.
- Thoroughly clean and rinse the mint leaves, removing any debris.
- Juice ingredients as the manual instructs.
- Be sure to drink this juice right away to prevent the acid of the pineapple from changing the flavor. Add ice cubes if you want a cold drink.
Recipe 4: Citrus ‘N Greens Detox Juice
Another option for juicing recipes for beginners weight loss is this simple and delicious detox juice we’ve created to help cleanse the system and reboot your weight-loss journey. This is our top choice among all the other juicing-with-a-blender recipes.
This recipe yields two large servings.
- 1 orange
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 green or yellow apple
- 1 handful kale
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 large grapefruit
- Peel the orange and grapefruit and cut them into quarters.
- Cut the apple into quarters and remove all seeds and the stem.
- Thoroughly clean the celery, checking the bottom of the stalk for any hidden dirt. Chop off the leaves and cut into two pieces.
- Cut the cucumber in half and preserve the rest in the fridge for another time.
- Thoroughly wash the kale and remove any large stem chunks from the leaves.
- Put all ingredients through the juicer, as directed by the manufacturer.
- Serve within the hour, either with a few ice cubes tossed in for cooling, or chilled.
Recipe 5: Ginger Zinger Juice
Another amazing recipe from Wholefully, this four-ingredient recipe is easy, delicious, and perfect for a morning wake-up or cleansing detox afternoon snack. This recipe yields one medium serving.
- 2 apples
- 5 carrots
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger knob
- Clean the carrots thoroughly, but don’t worry about peeling them. Chop into quarters.
- Cut the apples into eighths and remove all seeds and stems.
- Peel the ginger.
- Cut the lemon into quarters and preserve the remaining quarters in the refrigerator. Peel the quarter needed for the recipe.
- Feed the ingredients through the juicer, per the instructions in the juicer’s manual.
- Serve immediately for best results.
You Can Get Started Juicing Today
Juicing doesn’t have to be complicated. With a few high-quality pieces of equipment, fresh organic veggies and fruits, and easy homemade juice recipes, you’re ready to journey into a better, healthier life.
Try these simple juicing recipes at home.
- Green Goddess Juice
- Apple Cucumber Mint Juice
- Watermelon Mint Juice
- Citrus ‘N Greens Detox Juice
- Ginger Zinger Juice
You’re all set to get juicing, so pull out that juicer or blender, grab some fruits and veggies, and get to it.
Do you want to suggest other great juicing recipes for beginners?
Tell us your favorite easy homemade juice recipes in the comments section below.