Ever had that feeling that something’s just not right in your body, you might be in need of a 3-day juice cleanse? Your gut could be out of balance, which throws everything else off.
The good news?
Using some natural, healthy juices to clear out the system could do the trick.
Finding the right recipes for a homemade juice cleanse could be tough since so many recipe sites are a little hit and miss, and some include smoothies and other drinks that add in things besides produce.
To help you out, we’ve created a list of some of the absolute best detox juice recipes to lose weight and reset your system.
What Exactly is a Detox?
Before you start trying homemade detox drinks to lose weight and set your system aright, it’s important to know what a detox does and does not do.
Detox is for:
- Clearing out chemicals in your body
- Clearing out artificial or unhealthy ingredients you’ve consumed
- Providing a wallop of nutrient-rich foods in quick succession
- Providing short-term weight loss or a weight loss plan kick-start
A detox is not for:
- Long-term, daily meal plans
- Constant weight-loss
- Everyone’s regular use – Always seek a physician’s advice before starting a program like a detox diet
While doing a semi-recurrent detox can be healthy for many, juicing should never be the only way you consume calories for long periods of time. Your body needs the solid fiber and protein that are provided through eating the whole food items you consume.
Detox diets are short-term things to help reset your system, clear out rubbish, and give your immune system a boost either post-overindulgence or during an illness.
Now you know, but what can you do about it?
Try these delicious and nutritionally-impacting juicing recipes to kickstart weight-loss, cleanse your system, or otherwise just start feeling better.
1. Beautiful Body Benefit Juice Recipe
This is one of the best detox juice recipes to lose weight and clear out systematic backup that’s been causing pain or weight gain.
This recipe from What’s Cooking America is rich in a host of nutrients your body is craving, tons of fiber, and even a little sweetness for the cravings you’re trying to battle.
Ingredients for 3 to 4 servings:
- 1/4 to 1/2 small red cabbage
- 2 small zucchini
- 4 kale leaves
- 2 red apples
- 4 purple or white cauliflower florets
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 peeled orange
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- Shredded coconut, optional to taste
Preparations and Directions:
- Before you get to juicing, be sure to thoroughly wash all the vegetables and fruits.
- Trim off the cucumber and zucchini ends.
- Cut the cabbage down to fit through the juicer’s feeding chute.
- Roll the kale into balls for easier feeding in the chute.
- Quarter the apples but leave the skins on. Remove all the seeds.
- Remove stems and leaves from blueberries.
- Thinly peel the orange, leaving as much of the white pith as possible.
- Peel the cucumber only if the skin has been waxed.
- Add all the ingredients into the juicer. For the best results possible, add the kale with the apples.
2. Cactus Aloe Peppermint Pear Cleansing Juice Recipe
Some of the most cleansing ingredients you’ll find include peppermint, cactus fruit, and the spikes of the Aloe Vera plant. Each of these items has a particularly beneficial quality, of varying types, for helping your system cleanse.
This homemade juice cleanse recipe is perfect for:
- Clearing the sinuses
- Lowering blood-sugar
- Healing skin issues
- Soothing headaches and other cold/sinus induced symptoms
- Soothing a troubled gut
- Fighting inflammation
Ingredients for 4 to 6 servings:
- 1 medium spike of Aloe Vera
- 3 prickly pear fruits
- 1 cup refrigerated filtered water – as needed
- 2 cup fresh peppermint leaves
- 1 Bartlett pear
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- Before starting this homemade juice cleanse recipe, you’ll need to thoroughly wash the pears, peppermint, and spinach leaves.
- You’ll also want to thoroughly wash the skin on the prickly pear fruit and Aloe since your knife will be slicing through the skin into the flesh of the fruit.
- Once everything’s clean, you’ll want to prepare the prickly pear by removing the skin and slicing it. If you’re not sure how to best do that, there are videos available online.
- Skin and slice the Aloe Vera plant next. Again, if you’re not sure how to do so without making a huge mess, find some online tutorials to instruct you.
- Quarter the pear and remove the seeds.
- Once everything is cleaned and prepared, you can place all of the ingredients into your juicer. Add the spinach, pear and prickly pear together for best results.
- Serve immediately.
3. Tropical Mint Juice Recipe
Another one of our favorite detox cleanse recipes is this offering from Mind Body Green.
They combine the power of mint, greens, pineapple, and more to create this high-fiber, full-cleansing detox juice. And it tastes amazing to top it off. Win-win!
Ingredients for 2 to 3 servings:
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 cups mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup pineapple
- Like always, when working with produce, be sure to thoroughly clean all leaves, skins, and stems before using in your detox juice recipes. Celery, in particular, can hide some dirt at the base.
- Chop the celery into smaller portions.
- Peel the lemon and remove any noticeable seeds.
- Cut and core the pineapple and remove the rind before using in any recipe.
- Clean the leaves of the spinach and mint and chop off the end of the cucumber.
- Send all the ingredients through the juicer and serve immediately.
4. Ginger Zinger Detox Juice Recipe
A great go-to for any detox or cleanse is going to be ginger. It’s great for upset stomach and indigestion, which means it’s the perfect ingredient for any kind of cleanse that’s helping to reset your gut and digestive system.
This recipe, also from Mind Body Green, offers the best of ginger health benefits with the flavors of fresh parsley and apple to give you a zesty meal to start your day.
Ingredients for 3 or 4 servings:
- 2 stalks celery
- 1.5 centimeters of fresh ginger root
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cups spinach
- Clean everything properly before combining together.
- Peel the ginger and chop off the ends. Cut out any bad or hard spots.
- Quarter the apple, leaving the skin on. Remove all seeds.
- Remove the rind from the lemon and cut in half.
- Combine the ingredients together into the juicer.
- Serve immediately for freshest results.
Making Your Juice Detox Plan
These four recipes are an awesome start to your 7-day juice fast menu or collection of 3-day juice detox recipes.
- Beautiful Body Benefit Juice
- Cactus Aloe Peppermint Pear Cleansing Juice
- Tropical Mint Juice
- Ginger Zinger Detox Juice
But clearly, you can’t make it on these four alone.
To find more that will use even more ingredients, like broccoli, cauliflower, kale, or whatever your other favorite veggies are, we recommend looking up “detox juice recipes for weight loss” and “detox juice recipes.”
Once you’re ready to actually start your detox, be sure to find enough recipes to make it through your three or seven-day cleanse. Also, make sure to carve out enough time in your schedule to hit the grocery store every other day for the freshest ingredients.
Your turn: what is your favorite detox juice recipe?
Share in the comments below!